Friday, February 19, 2010

What I'm up to: Website building and everything web site related

With a little prodding from my husband, I finally decided to learn web design and along with it, everything else web related: SEO, CSS, HTML, social media, e-marketing, etc.

Bought some "dummy" books and borrowed some from the library. I bought the dummies on Web design and E-marketing, and borrowed one on SEO from the local library. There's much to learn but I'm excited.

I realize that learning this stuff is like learning a new language. I had to google, wikiseach a lot of stuff. I'm surprised to find so many free resources out there, which makes it more exciting. But, I've to organize my thoughts and schedule my time, like I'm going to real school.

Went to a college and inquired about getting an associate's degree in e-marketing and guess what? It costs $35,000 just to get a 2-year degree. I am not going that path. We still have lots of debts to pay and wanna experience being debt free (please God make it happen this year).

Like I said, there's so many resources out there and I can read and study on my own. I realize this is more challenging, but I know it's not impossible. Besides, I can get a lot of help and tips from friends.

And guess what? I got my first client yesterday! (Thanks to my husband again). He just needs some graphics added to his website and some brand reinforcement (which I'm excited to do 'coz I worked in advertising before). I've talked to some potential partners and I think I'm ready to go. Leap of faith!

So, I'm here to tell you about the adventure of learning something new and going after what I like. Pray that it all happens as planned (please God?).

And hopefully it inspires some (of you) along the way.

Catcha later!

No comments:

Post a Comment